Friday, January 7, 2011

MEPS: 1.1


Since I'll visit MEPS multiple times for a varying number of days each time, I'll use a format like this: Visit#.Day#. This is from a female's point of view at the San Antonio, TX MEPS. For security purposes, I'm going to be intentionally vague. All meals at MEPS are provided or paid for, so don't worry about that. ;)

I went to my recruiter's office, where I filled out some more paperwork. The shuttle picked us up and we headed down to San Antonio, picking up more future recruits from other recruiting offices along the way. When we got there, we went straight to the MEPS where we took the ASVAB. We were tired and hungry and we had to take it!

One thing they say is "Hurry up and wait." That's so true. I probably waited more hours than I spent getting stuff done the whole time I was there. Anyway, after we finished the ASVAB, the guy behind the desk gave us a print out of our scores and told us we could open it when we were on the bus. I got a 94, which qualifies me for nuke. YAY! Next we rode a different shuttle to the hotel. We checked in, ate dinner, and went to sleep.

The MEPS people at the hotel were gruff, but not actually rude. Just don't expect any smiles. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment