Wednesday, August 3, 2011

4 Months

So I leave in 4 months. I'm starting to get really nervous. I just know something will happen to screw up my plans. Anyway, I've pretty much decided what I'm going to do about getting my stuff after boot camp. I think I'm going to sell my car before I leave because I won't need it and when I do need it, I probably won't get leave to come home and drive it to South Carolina, where my training is. I'll have my laptop and some comfy lounge clothes shipped to me after I get to South Carolina. Then I'll wait until I get my apartment for prototype to get the rest of my stuff, either by shipping it or by renting a U-Haul and driving it there. I would prefer the latter if I have enough leave. :)

I probably didn't ever explain the nuke program, did I? Well, here's a link in case you're interested. :)
https://www.cool.navy.mil/enlisted/rating_info_cards/nukepower.pdf

2 comments:

  1. Hello, first of all I want to say that I think your blog is wonderful and has been very informative to me. I'm glad you decided to post all of this. I'm in the beginning stages of doing the same path you're on. I was curious if it was hard to get them to sign an age waiver for you? Also how much mathematics and physics knowledge did you have going into the tests? Thanks in advance and good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon: Thanks for the compliments. :) For the age waiver, I wrote a few paragraphs on why I wanted to be a navy nuke, then it got sent to the nuke waiver people in Tennessee or Kentucky, I can never remember which, but it doesn't really matter where. I think it took 2 or 3 weeks back then. The math you need to know is stuff from high school, like basic physics, algebra, and maybe some basic trig. Check out nukeworker.com for more navy nuke info if you haven't already. ;)

    ReplyDelete