Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Musings

I'm getting nervous. I suppose it's just the pessimist in me that's giving me this sense of impending doom. I just know something is going to go wrong.

Even so, I'm still preparing to leave. :P I'm going to give 2 weeks notice at work. They still don't know I'm joining the Navy. I feel kinda bad about that, cause I've gotten to know the people there and they're really nice. Plus, my supervisor there wants to train me to be a supervisor. Don't worry though! I'm so not staying there! The work is simply too mind-numbing.

I'm planning to pack up most of my stuff the last week before I leave and leave the boxes stacked up in my room.

I thought of some questions to ask my recruiter about the schedule the day I leave and what sort of things to bring. I've seen official lists of stuff to bring that are really long and most people say you'll have to mail back most of that stuff anyway. I guess then I'll just bring what I need to stay the night at the hotel near MEPS.

I can't wait to get my life started. :)

1 comment:

  1. Some advice. Get used to staring at walls in boot camp...that's basically all you do. Nothing to worry too much about, but it really fucking sucks and is very boring. Also, if your RDC is an Air anything, they will hate you. Don't let it get to you, they are dumb. Just smile and remember your 12th general order. Your RDC is always right.
    Try to get either the mail PO or Laundry PO and do not get on ship staff. Keep your head low and if they don't know your name at the end, you have succeeded. You will regret joining the Navy at the end of the second day there, suck it up and know that it gets a lot better.(but not for a few weeks at least) Nuke school isn't bad, I actually quite like it here. I would recommend going ET if you want an "easy" job(but highest failure rate) or MM if you want an easy school. Just make sure you can pass your PFA and don't be a shit bag. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete