Sunday, June 24, 2012

Making It Through

So I'm about half way through A school now. We had Math and Basic Electricity (BE) for the first 2 weeks. After that, Math was over and we just had BE. Then starting with the 3rd month we started Electronic Fundamentals (E Funds). Next there's Digital Electronics (Digital) and ICE (I don't know what it stands for) for the ET's and E Quip (that one either) for the EM's. When I got here, I had a roommate, but she's an MM; she graduated and moved into a "Petty Officer Suite". Those rooms are 1 person per room, 2 rooms to each bathroom.

The work is tough, but doable. When I'm feeling demotivated, I think about how lucky I am to be here and all the crap I've gone through to get here. Here, the Navy holds everyone to a higher standard than elsewhere in the Navy. I know how that sounds, but it's true. Sailors who are "de-nuked" go one (most of the time) to become outstanding sailors in other jobs. Everything here has to be perfect: grades, uniforms, room inspections, PFA scores, watches, cleaning...


No comments:

Post a Comment