Saturday, August 25, 2012

Mandatory fun is mandatory.

So mandatory fun is when you have to go do some activity with your classmates. Usually people go see a movie or have a cookout. The main purpose behind it is to get some time (half a day or so) off school, relax, and have a little fun. Well, our enterprising class decided against a simple cookout and decided the class would go play paintball. So I wasn't looking forward to it, but we had fun. I'd never played before, but I actually got a kill. :) And there was another surprise: one of the quiet guys in class who said he had never played before turned out to be a really good player. Yeah, his team only lost one match.

We started ICE (Instrumentation and Control Equipment). A few weeks ago our class of EMs and ETs split. Now it's just us ETs. It took a while, but we finally got rid of them. :P This new class is so much more difficult than the ones we've done so far. People are putting in more study hours and getting lower test scores.

Anyway, we graduate from A school next month and we get to go on 10 days of leave right after that. I'm really excited to visit with my family. I read forums before I joined the Navy and they all said I should be spending time with my family, not reading forums. If you're in DEP, stop reading this and go spend some time with someone you love, because you'll be cutoff from them and you'll discover just how much you rely on your interactions with them. My mother was worried I would change when I joined the military and she was right, but I think it was for the better. :)

Later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment